Note: All prices in US Dollars
Call Today For Fast Replacement Dexter Axles for Break Downs !! Your Dexter Axle Specialist
HBA16 Hydrastar-1600 Elec/Hydraulic - P2 CONTROLLER With Tekonsha (MODEL 20015) 5 Amp/Hr Breakaway Kit INCLUDES SHIPPING
(For Disc Brakes Only)
Price includes shipping
Newly updated Generation 7 HydraStar actuator offers:
Faster response for reduced stopping distance
Simplified wiring - only 4 wires
Draws power only when brakes are applied - no need for ACCESSORY switch
Smaller footprint requires less space for easier installation
Compare these HydraStar advantages:
Sealed unit - weather tight
Does not exceed tow vehicle manufacturers' wiring amp rating
Unit mounted bleeder fitting simplifies brake bleeding
Vastly superior to surge brakes
Eliminates the feel of being pushed by trailer, problems with backing a trailer uphill and brake drag
Easily replaces surge brakes on trailer
Meets all DOT regulations and complies with CFR-393 federal braking requirements...surge brakes are illegal in many states
Dimensions: 11.8" long x 3" wide x 7.3" high, shipping weight 12 lbs.
• In cab controller required –
PRODIGY P2® is the most advanced and intelligent approach to trailer brake controls. PRODIGY P2®, requiring no manual leveling, is a technological breakthrough among inertia-activated brake controls. Equipped with a self-adjusting sensing device similar to the one used in guided-missile technology to allow for easy, flexible installation — from nearly horizontal to nearly vertical — PRODIGY P2® constantly adjusts itself to the position of the tow vehicle.
Prodigy P2® Features
* Equipped with new tri-axis accelerometer (measures forward/backward, up/down, left/right).
* Works with electric over hydraulic actuators.
* Applies power to the trailer brakes in proportion to vehicle's deceleration.
* No level adjustment necessary - it adjusts itself to varying terrain as you drive.
* The only inertial control that works proportionally in reverse - great for backing into tough spots.
* Digital display depicts voltage delivery to trailer during braking.
* Continual diagnostics check for proper connection, shorted magnet condition and much more.
* Exclusive "boost" feature gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking power when towing heavier trailers.
* Power-saving mode reduces drain on battery when vehicle is not in use.
* Pre-assembled wire harness for simple hookup.
* Unique pocket mount allows for flexible mounting options.
* Quick and easy disconnect feature allows user to remove and store the control when not in use.
* Made for up to four-axle trailer brake systems.
* Meets N.H.T.S.A. regulations regarding tow vehicle/trailer light activation.
* Limited lifetime** warranty.
• 12 volt DC operation –
Federal regulations require a battery and breakaway kit on trailer.
• Electrical connections –
Recommended minimum wire; 12-gauge for splicing into power,
ground and breakaway; 16-gauge for controller output
• Hydraulic brakes –
For use with DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid systems
• Trailer-mounted and self-contained weather tight enclosure
• Dimensions –
11.8" long x 3" wide x 7.3" high, shipping weight 12 lbs.
• Accessories –
– Breakaway battery kit 34-285
Automatically applies the trailer brakes in the event the
trailer and towing vehicle become separated
– 1/4" line adapter (HBA-BLC)
Allows conversion to 1/4" brake line
1/4" brake lines improve braking performance on trailers
over 20' and/or with triple axles
TEKONSHA, Breakaway Kit With Charger EXACTLY THE SAME AS Carlisle HBA-BA
Includes 2051 Lockable All Polymer Battery Case w/Flat Surface Mounting;
2023 Rechargeable Sealed 12v 5 Amp-hr Lead Acid Battery & Terminals; 2010 Breakaway Switch;
2024-07 DC-to-DC Heavy Duty Quick/Maintenance (Multi Stage) Battery Charger.
Breakaway Kit With Charger EquivalentTo Carlisle HBA-BA
TEKONSHA, W/CHARGER 5 AMP/HR Equivalent To Carlisle HBA-BA
Carlisle Recommends This Unit For Their Hydrastar Units. Both are Made by Bargman
Carlisle Industrial Brake does not recommend the Hoppy or TAP breakaway kit numbers 20099 or 20400, or any kit equipped with a built-in battery meter and LED test lights for use in conjunction with trailers equipped with disc brakes. There is a possibility of the brakes not releasing completely, resulting in damage to the brake system.